Beginning at birth, it’s our goal to help your kids maintain a healthy life. And as fast as kids grow, it’s important to stay on top of their changing healthcare needs. Our experts at Medical Associates can take care of your children from infancy to adulthood.
Our Pediatric team will begin caring for your newborn every day in the hospital, and will continue that care from birth to adulthood. We are the area’s experts when it comes to kids. We understand how to keep your kids healthy and we’ll work with you to help promote healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine provides complete care including:
- Well-baby care
- Well-child visits including kindergarten exams
- Well-adolescent visits including sports and school physicals
- Sick visits including treatment of infectious disease and chronic illness
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Immunization updates
- Growth and development counseling
- Periodic check-ups and dietary assistance to maintain good health
- Weight control, anorexia nervosa, and bulimia
- Learning disorders
- Care for depression, anxiety and other conditions
- Work closely with local schools to assist children, parents, and teachers in understanding the mental and physical development of children
Is your baby nearing the age of 18? If your child’s doctor is a pediatrician, talk to him or her and discuss when your child should transition to a family medicine or internal medicine doctor. It is usually somewhere around 18 years old.
Well Child Guide